In preparation for our families trip to Maui, I have been busy sewing a few things. I guess you could say the excitement of our upcoming holiday has me taking a break from home decor.
1. A wallet for my son using noodlehead's great tutorial. Made entirely from fabric and notion scraps. I added a change pocket to his.
2. A messanger bag for my daughter inspired by Gingercake's. Again using fabric scraps.
3. A dress for my daughter using i candy handmade's tutorial. An old tank top and clearance bin fabric.
4. A bolero for my daughter inspired by Heidi and Finn's Bolero Pattern. Remade from an old sweater of mine.
5. A carry-on bag inspired by this Bench Sports Bag. It is the perfect carry-on size for packing my kids clothes. Made entirely from left-over suiting material and 2 old bags.
6. A sweater coat for myself inspired by a Pusch sweater my sister owns. 2.5 meters of clearance bin jogging fleece.
Am I done? Depends how much more I can squeeze into the next 2 weeks. I hope to remake an old skirt into a sundress, and some little pods for all our ear phones to keep them tangle free. Also possibly remake a couple of t-shirts.